Airstream Restoration of Scott and Kathy's 1955 Flying Cloud Whale Tail - Our California Vintage Airstream.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Longing for More Awning Memories

There is something special about sitting outside under an Airstream awning.

Maybe it is the friends that stop by to visit, sitting back in our comfy folding chairs and making plans for the day.  In the morning, I know I can sit outside under my awning enjoying gentle sunrises and the smell of bacon cooking over a camp stove.  Or during the mid-day heat, we can sit and breathe - and not be rushing around in the frenzy that is normal daily life.  Maybe the special feeling comes from a cooling breeze.  And at the darkest part of our evenings, I love to hear the guffaws and tinkling laughs of some of my favorite people.


And I am thinking about all these times now.

Our now-polished awning rail for our vintage Airstream awning rail is re- installed.
The aluminum was buffed after the awning rail was removed.












Cleco fasteners hold the polished awning rail in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment