Airstream Restoration of Scott and Kathy's 1955 Flying Cloud Whale Tail - Our California Vintage Airstream.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Marmoleum Sees the Light of Day

Planning.  Changes to plans.  
So goes any project, and this vintage trailer is no exception.
In January, we found out that we chose a now discontinued color.   Marmoleum Mineral 5714 is discontinued - we needed to start again.

Limiting my choices to sheet Marmoleum, not tiles, I ordered samples in gray and cream shades in the patterns Piano, Concrete, Fresco, Real, Graphic, and Straito.

New Marmoleum samples arrived last week
I'd hoped for something that I liked almost as well, but instead there were 3 choices that I liked!
Marmoleum Real - Color Eiger is a possibility.
Marmoleum Real - Color Slate Gray is really interesting.
Marmoleum Fresco - Color Eternity very nice. 

We made these our initial preferences - comparing each Marmoleum swatch with our other fabric, curtain, Zolatone, and wood swatches.  I used a cookie baking sheet, moving them from room to room to see how different light affected the colors.  I was checking them again and again.  And again.  Finally the weekend arrived so we could check the colors all together in strong daylight - to see if our indoor-lighting flooring preferences would hold up in "real" light.

While I've never had a new house built, we've worked quite a bit sprucing up and updating our home.  Restoration of our 1955 Flying Cloud restoration is much like a stationary house.  First the structure, then the details.  I'm so excited to be in the "details" stage!

Marmoleum Real - Color Eiger is our choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment